Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Thunder And Lightning

Or instead of dinosaurs devouring hapless humans, I could sit in the bay window of my room in the house I share with my mates Tony and Gareth, and watch and listen as nature shows her teeth. A few minutes ago a monster of a storm broke over the town where I live and work, the cloudy afternoon sky flashing now and then, the lightning really not all that impressive.

But the rain and the thunder... it is lashing it down outside. I'm sat in the warmth of my nice dry window seat, sipping a pint of coffee from my Marvin the Martian mug watching the road become a river, and hearing the rolling booming of the sky as it shakes. No wonder ancient peoples thought that gods were doing battle and wanted to appease them.

And it was glorious sunshine only a half hour ago. I'm enjoying (with a bit of guilt) the sight of people in just T-shirts scurrying for cover, or cycling like maniacs to get home, as they get utterly drenched.

*Yells out the window at the sky* "Is that the best you can do, I'm not impressed. Come on, bring it!"

No comments: