Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A Leash

I bought a leash today on my way back from the cinema. I'd been meaning to get one for a while, and since my walk home took me past the Pets At Home store and they were open, I decided I might as well get it while I was in that part of town.

So I go in and they have a very nice range of pet leads in leather, cord, that horrid synthetic stuff and of course chain. Me being a Gorean, I go for the chain. 40" in length with a black leather handle and a snap fastening. A steal at £4.99.

I take it to the counter and the girl there rings it up and asks what kind of dog I have.

"Ohh I don't have a dog, it's for my kajira" I reply (even though I don't actually have a kajira as yet).

"Kah gee rah?" and a puzzled look is the reply I get as I'm typing in my pin number.

"Got a bit of paper and a pen?" I ask, and sure enough she produces such. I write down the word KAJIRA in capitals for her, slide it back to her and smile as I say "Look it up on Google. Good night" and taking my card and my newly bought leash, walk out of the store.

Sure wish I could be there to see her face if/when she does take my suggestion!

No comments: